Our History

Originally known as the King’s Daughter’s Hospital, Dallas County Hospital was founded in 1954 and is a 25-bed critical access hospital serving patients from Dallas, Greene, Guthrie, and Boone counties. The hospital is governed by a Board of Trustees with seven members elected by the residents of Dallas County. Over the years, Dallas County Hospital has continued to focus on providing the highest quality healthcare to the people we serve through our knowledgeable staff and physicians, up-to-date facility and modern equipment.


Our mission at Dallas County Hospital is “To improve the health of the people we serve”, and our vision is “Partnering to deliver quality healthcare now and into the future through passionate caregivers with open arms.” Today, we strive to bring specialized healthcare services such as radiology including mammography, chemotherapy, surgical, lab services and therapy services close to home. From wellness and prevention, to the common cold or a serious illness, our physicians and staff continue to recognize their responsibility to serve the community and set the standard in compassionate, convenient and cost-effective medical care.